Adoptive Family Support Resources
Cleveland Adoption Network:
Cleveland holds various seminars & support groups for all members of the adoption triad. They hold meetings on both the East and West sides of Cleveland. Please contact them at (216) 325-1000 for specific dates and locations.
Columbus Parenthesis Family Advocates:
The monthly support group meets the third Saturday at 7PM.
- The Facilitator is Barb VanSlyck
- For information about the group please call
- Address for the main office is:
4480 Refugee Rd. Suite 300
Columbus, OH 43232
Adoption Book Catalog
Ohio Department of Job and Family Services
North American Council for Adoptable Children
Concern for Children
RESOLVE of Ohio
- Telling the Truth to Your Adoptive or Foster Child by Betsy Keefer and Jayne Schooler
- 20 Things Adopted Kids Wish Their Adoptive Parents Knew by Sherrie Eldridge
- Adopting After Infertility by Patricia Johnston
- How to Raise an Adopted Child by Judith Shaeffer and Kristina Lunstrom
- The Open Adoption Experience by Lois Melina and Sharon Roszia
- Raising Adopted Children by Lois Melina and Sharon Roszia
- Inside Transracial Adoption by Gail Steinberg and Beth Hall
For more books about adoption as the ones listed above, visit Tapestry Books atwww.tapestrybooks.com.
IS ADOPTION RIGHT FOR ME?
Answers to your most frequently asked questions. We’re here to help you decide.
THE ADOPTION PROCESS
We will counsel you as to the process and support you no matter what your decision.
Meet families that are waiting to share their love. View profiles and watch videos.