Adoptive Family Support Resources
Support Resources for Adoptive Families
The following is to offer support to those who have adopted:
Cleveland Adoption Network:
Cleveland holds various seminars & support groups for all members of the adoption triad. They hold meetings on both the East and West sides of Cleveland. Please contact them at (216) 325-1000 for specific dates and locations.
Columbus Parenthesis Family Advocates:
The monthly support group meets the third Saturday at 7PM.
- The Facilitator is Barb VanSlyck
- For information about the group please call
- Address for the main office is:
4480 Refugee Rd. Suite 300
Columbus, OH 43232
- Telling the Truth to Your Adoptive or Foster Child by Betsy Keefer and Jayne Schooler
- 20 Things Adopted Kids Wish Their Adoptive Parents Knew by Sherrie Eldridge
- Adopting After Infertility by Patricia Johnston
- How to Raise an Adopted Child by Judith Shaeffer and Kristina Lunstrom
- The Open Adoption Experience by Lois Melina and Sharon Roszia
- Raising Adopted Children by Lois Melina and Sharon Roszia
- Inside Transracial Adoption by Gail Steinberg and Beth Hall
For more books about adoption as the ones listed above, visit Tapestry Books at www.tapestrybooks.com.
Talk to Megan
LSW-Certified Adoption Assessor
Do you have questions about the adoption process or how you can get started with Adoption by Gentle Care? You can call or text us at 614.469.0007. Or if you would like to submit your information by clicking on the button below Megan will get back to you as quickly as possible.
Looking for our free information packet? Click here to download the ebook now!