Birth Parent Support Resources
Adoption Network Cleveland
Adoption Network Cleveland holds a Birthmother’s Support Group on the second Wednesday evening of every month at their offices, from 6:00 to 8:00 pm.Adoption Network Cleveland
4614 Prospect Avenue
Cleveland, Ohio 44103
Adoption Network Cleveland offers support, information and referrals to you as a birthparent, siblings or if you are considering an adoption plan for your child. Services include the following:
- Adoption Helpline (216) 325-1000.
- General Support and Discussion Meetings are held in four locations each month in Northeast Ohio. These groups are open to anyone touched by adoption or interested in lifelong adoption issues.
- Search Assistance for birthparents or family members interested in searching for their now adult child or sibling.
- Birthmothers’ Support Group, held bi-monthly for women of all ages who have experienced the loss of a child through adoption.
Columbus Parenthesis Family Advocates:
Columbus Parenthesis Family Advocates offer various support groups for birthmothers. For further details call (614) 751-9112.
Adoption Literature Resources:
- Arms, Suzanne. To Love and Let Go. 1983. Stories of birth parent experiences and feelings about their pregnancy and placement of their child.
- Dusky, Lorainge. Birthmark. 1979. M. Evans & Co., NY. Ms Dusky, a birthmother, tells of her experiences and adjustment over the years since making an adoption plan for her daughter.
- Johnston, Patricia Irwin. Perspectives on a Grafted Tree: Thoughts for Those Touched by Adoption. Poems written by and for member of the adoption triangle.
- Silber, Kathleen and Phyllis Speedlin. Dear Birthmother: Thank You For Our Baby. Using correspondence between birth parents and adoptive parents, this book debunks the myth that birth parents do not care about their children and do not think about them later.
For more books about adoption as the ones listed above, visit Tapestry Books atwww.tapestrybooks.com.
IS ADOPTION RIGHT FOR ME?
Answers to your most frequently asked questions. We’re here to help you decide.
THE ADOPTION PROCESS
We will counsel you as to the process and support you no matter what your decision.
Meet families that are waiting to share their love. View profiles and watch videos.