Birth Parent Support Resources
For 24 hour support call or text: 614-469-0007
Support Options for Birth Parents
The following is to offer support to those who either made an adoption plan or who are considering adoption:
Adoption Network Cleveland
Adoption Network Cleveland holds a Birthmother’s Support Group on the second Wednesday evening of every month at their offices, from 6:00 to 8:00 pm.Adoption Network Cleveland
4614 Prospect Avenue
Cleveland, Ohio 44103
Adoption Network Cleveland offers support, information and referrals to you as a birthparent, siblings or if you are considering an adoption plan for your child. Services include the following:
- Adoption Helpline (216) 325-1000.
- General Support and Discussion Meetings are held in four locations each month in Northeast Ohio. These groups are open to anyone touched by adoption or interested in lifelong adoption issues.
- Search Assistance for birthparents or family members interested in searching for their now adult child or sibling.
- Birthmothers’ Support Group, held bi-monthly for women of all ages who have experienced the loss of a child through adoption.
Columbus Parenthesis Family Advocates:
Columbus Parenthesis Family Advocates offer various support groups for birthmothers. For further details call (614) 751-9112.
Adoption Literature Resources:
- Arms, Suzanne. To Love and Let Go. 1983. Stories of birth parent experiences and feelings about their pregnancy and placement of their child.
- Dusky, Lorainge. Birthmark. 1979. M. Evans & Co., NY. Ms Dusky, a birthmother, tells of her experiences and adjustment over the years since making an adoption plan for her daughter.
- Johnston, Patricia Irwin. Perspectives on a Grafted Tree: Thoughts for Those Touched by Adoption. Poems written by and for member of the adoption triangle.
- Silber, Kathleen and Phyllis Speedlin. Dear Birthmother: Thank You For Our Baby. Using correspondence between birth parents and adoptive parents, this book debunks the myth that birth parents do not care about their children and do not think about them later.
For more books about adoption as the ones listed above, visit Tapestry Books at www.tapestrybooks.com.
A Birth Mom's Story
If you are pregnant and considering adoption, be sure to watch Audrey's video. She shares her adoption journey from the moment she found out that she was unexpectedly pregnant to how she is doing today more than a year after she placed her daughter for adoption through AGC.
If you have questions about adoption be sure to contact us today. You can speak directly with our staff located right here in Ohio.
Talk to Kelly
MSW, LSW-Certified Adoption Assessor
Are you interested in one of our Waiting Adoptive Families? Do you have questions about the adoption process or how Adoption by Gentle Care can help you? You can call or text Kelly at 614.469.0007. Or if you would like to submit your information by clicking on the button below she will get back to you as quickly as possible.
*Your contact with Kelly is 100% confidential and in no way obligates you to move forward with adoption!